Oklahoma's National Register of Historic Places

Use your browser's back button to return to the query.

ID Number 84002972
Historic Name BLAINE COUNTY COURTHOUSE
Description of Significance THE ARCHITECTURAL FIRM OF E. COADY COMPANY PROVIDED BLAINE COUNTY WITH THE PLANS FOR A NEO-CLASSICAL COURTHOUSE THAT WAS COMPLETED IN 1906. THE RAISED, STONE FOUNDATION AND BRICK WALLS ARE HIGHLIGHTED WIT HCLASSICAL ORNAMENTATION AND A PEDIMENTED ENTRY. THE BUILDING IS CAPPED WITH A VAULTED DOME FEATURING EIGHT OCULI. LISTED IN NATIONAL REGISTER8/23/84.
Current Name
Address CORNER OF WEIGEL AND FIRST STREETS
City WATONGA
County BLAINE
Lot
Block
Current Section 19
Township 16N
Range 11W
Type BUILDING
Historic Function COURTHOUSE
Current Function COURTHOUSE
Area Signficance 1 ARCHITECTURE
Area Significance 2 POLITICS/ GOVERNMENT
Date Prepared 1983
Year Built 1906
Original Site YES
Architect/Builder E. COADY COMPANY, ARCHITECTS
Architectural Style NEO-CLASSICAL
Roof Material UNCOLLECTED
Wall Material BRICK
Window Material METAL
Door Material METAL; GLASS
Decorative Details THE TYPANUM OF THE PORTICO PEDIMENT IS PAINTED IN A PATTERN OF CONTRASTING SPIRALS SURROUNDING THE DATE, 1906, WHICH IS CENTRAL TO THE DECORATIVE MOTIF.
Condition EXCELLENT
Comments
Restricted N